Static Eliminator - Standard Air-Blade™ Ionizer
- Product Overview
- How They Work
- Power Supplies
- More Information
The Standard Air-Blade™ Ionizer combines the superior designed Standard Air-Blade™ Air Knife with a quality static bar made by Haug, a world leading static control manufacturer. Charges can be eliminated quickly, even over large distances and surface area.
The Standard Air-Blade™ air knife is an efficient and sturdy unit for many blow-off applications. For even greater efficiency and reduced noise levels you can utilize the Silent X-stream™ Air Blade™. Both units utilize the quality Haug static bars - the RN bar for most applications or the extra strong VS bars (Triple X versions) for very high static charges and extremely high speeds
The Standard Air-Blade™ Ionizer uses a small amount of compressed air for a powerful, and adjustable force with "laminar" flow to eliminate charges in applications where static bars cannot reach or where high speeds are a factor.
Normally the Standard Model RN Haug brand static bar can address most applications. For extremely high speeds and high charges the extra powerful VS model is used. For washdown applications (such as pharmaceutical areas), even a washable model is available at extra cost.
All Haug static bars come with a patented safety connector and fully shielded cable. The power supplies are "repairable" and are so well made, that we offer a two year warranty on them (one year on the bars).
Dust Removal For Car Bodies :
Dust Removal For Car Bodies is an ideal application for the Ion Air Gun if manual cleaning is used and for the Air Blade Ionizers prior to the vehicle entering a paint booth.
Static Eliminator - Air-Blade™ Ionizer Features:
- Connections on the back or ends
- It flows from end to end (full flow).
- Stainless steel models are available for high temperature and corrosive models.
- Models are designed for easy cleaning and prevention of dirt entering the static bar, minimizing potential damage.
- Patented connectors with the ground intrinsic to the cable design.
- Instant ON/OFF with no moving parts.
- Repairable Power Supply with a two year warranty.
Static Eliminator - Air-Blade™ Ionizer Benefits:
- Flexible mounting options.
- Units can be mounted end to end for longer lengths with no air gap.
- High temperature, extra strength, and even a unique washable stainless steel model is available for special applications or as required.
- Ease of cleaning and maintenance.
- No separate ground connection that can be cut and cause sparks or accidentally shock personnel.
- Conserves air use when not required.
- Eliminates one costly area which is power supply replacement. 2 year warranty assure quality product.
How They Work
Standard Air-Blade™ Ionizer - Compressed air enters at the rear (or end) ports at (A) of the Standard Air Blade (B). (See Standard Air Blade™ for a description of its operation). Entrained air follows the coanda profile of the air knife and along the front face flowing over the ionizing (static) bar (C) creating a fine sheet of ionized air along the entire length of the Air Blade™ ionizer at it leaves the air knife at point (D). The amplified air stream maximizes velocity and force and provides a well-defined sheet of ionized laminar flow for reduced energy use in the blow off of statically charged surfaces and to remove static at long distances from the assembly. For highly charged surfaces a stronger static bar is available (Triple X Air Blade ionizers).
Static Elimination Air-Blade™ Ionizers are supplied in several versions.
- Standard Air-Blade™ Ionizer with a standard Nex Flow™ Air-Blade™ Air Knife and standard strength Model RN Haug static bar. These units are ideal for most static removal applications.
- X-Stream Air-Blade™ Ionizer with the extra quiet Nex Flow™ X-Stream Air-Blade™ Air Knife and standard strength Model RN Haug static bar. These units apply to most static removal applications where noise levels must be extremely low.
- Super Triple Standard Air-Blade™ Ionizer with a standard Nex Flow™ Air-Blade™ Air Knife and a triple strength Model VS Haug static bar. These units are ideal for static removal applications where static charges are unusually high and extra ionization is required such as very high speed applications or materials that can produce very high charges such as Mylar or tissue.
- Super Triple X-Stream Air-Blade™ Ionizer with extra quiet Nex Flow™ X-Stream Air-Blade™ Air Knife and a triple strength Model VS Haug static bar. These units are ideal for static removal applications where static charges are unusually high and extra ionization is required and where noise issues are important.
Special materials and static bars can be utilized for unique applications. If greater blow-off force is required, shims may be added to the Air-Blade™ Ionizer for higher capacities.
|Length||Model Numbers - (X means with X-Stream Air-Blade™ 150XX with RN static bar, 160xx means with VS static Bar)|
NPT Adaptors Available Upon Request
Typical applications replace expensive, high maintenance ionizing blower systems and are particularly advantageous in intermittent applications.
- Neutralize and blow off dust from auto bodies to plastic parts prior to painting.
- Clean bottles of dust prior to labeling. Keeps bottles neutralized which may attract dust prior to filling or packaging.
- Neutralize charges in all sorts of plastic packing materials and containers to prevent and/or minimize dirt contamination.
- When dealing with any plastic parts or materials, static can cause jamming of machinery, dirt contamination, or be a personnel hazard.
- Static charge and build-up in high speed paper production can cause quality problems and effect machine speed. If static bars cannot be mounted close, or if dirt is a problem due to static “dirt attraction”, our products can address the problem.
- As with paper, the same problems can arise often more critical, even at lower speeds.
- Whether it is a flat web or bottle printing, dirt on the surface can effect the final product. Our products can dramatically improve quality by removing dirt buildup due to static.
- Static build-up especially in packaging can attract unwanted dust both on the product and on the packaging. Our products can address many of these applications.
- Static buildup in the textile industry can be addressed when placement of the static bars cannot be close to the product.
Static Elimination Air-Blade™ Ionizer power supplies are available in various models including a unit that will monitor the static bars for effectiveness.
|110V||ENC-110/2||Two outlet (Can connect two static bars)|
|220V||ENC-220/2||Two outlet (Can connect two static bars)|
|110V||ENC-110/4||Four outlet (Can connect four static bars)|
|220V||ENC-220/4||Four outlet (Can connect four static bars)|
|110V||Multistat 110||Four outlet (Can connect four static bars, plus monitors performance. Can be connected into a system alarm or indicating light.)|
|220V||Multistat 220||Four outlet (Can connect four)|
*click image for larger view.